The Republicans aren't going anywhere...even if they're going nowhere.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Like all humans, I have my vices, and one of them is reading Slate magazine. Check out this story about whether or not the Republicans are really in free-fall. Although the story sits on the fence, I think the reasons they give as to why the Republicans are secure are more numerous and compelling. Especially eye-catching, to me, is when they say:

Name the four things Democrats stand for. Go!

Good point. It better be, since it's the point I make constantly. :-)

Also, on a lighter note, check out this other Slate story, possibly the best piece of journalism ever written by humankind. The basic thesis is that giant squids will eat you. Words of wisdom if ever I heard them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment